Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Next Week, Pace University and FIE!

Looking forward to next week's road trip.  Heading out on Wednesday to meet Pace University's David Sachs , the Associate Dean of the CS school there and recently minted PhD Gerald Ardito to talk about what's been going on at RIT and how we might help them get something similar started out there.  After spending a few hours at Pace, Gerald and I will hop in his wheels and head down to see the Croton XO program.

Then I'll crash in NYC and head out to IEEE Frontiers in Education the following am for the TOS panel, "TEACHING STUDENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE PROJECTS, starring Heidi J. C. Ellis, Gregory W. Hislop, Mel Chua, Clif Kussmaul and Matthew M. Burke

and my little work-in-progress two pager,
Which is part of the larger session, "Service-Learning Models, Motivations, and Outcomes"
Then, since I'll be in DC I'll be catching up with my old chums, hitting the "Rally to Restore Sanity" and Trick-or-Treating with the four-year-old nephew and two-year-old niece.  Absolutely the best part of the trip :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment